Mental Health & Addictions Resources
Mental health and addictions challenges can affect individuals of all ages and every walk of life. If you are in need of help please do not hesitate to get it. You may discuss any struggles you are having with friends, family, your family doctor, or your local health unit. If these options are not available to you or you are looking for other options please see below a list of mental health resources available to you:
- To find the right mental health and addictions supports and get information about many confidential and free options, please visit Ontario.ca/MentalHealth.
- Health care workers from anywhere across Ontario can access services confidentially by going directly to a partner organization or via the Ontario Supports for People website.
- Breaking Free Online is a free online therapy tool designed to help Ontarians aged 16 and older reduce or stop the use of over 70 substances, such as tobacco, alcohol and drugs, including opioids.
- ConnexOntario provides free and confidential information to people experiencing problems with mental health, alcohol or drugs, and/or problem gambling. ConnexOntario’s system navigator specialists are trained in emergency mental health interventions and answer calls, e-mails or web-chat requests 24/7.
- Kids Help Phone provides 24/7/365 professional counselling services for children, teens, and young adults across Canada with Ontario being the largest user of its service.
- Good2Talk/Allo j’écoute is Ontario's bilingual mental health support service, providing professional counselling, information, and referrals, and is available to all postsecondary students 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Hope for Wellness Helpline offers immediate mental health counselling and crisis intervention for all Indigenous peoples across Canada (available in some Indigenous languages).
- Talk 4 Healing offers Indigenous women help, support, and resources seven days a week, 24 hours a day, with services in 14 languages.
- BounceBack is a free cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) program that offers guided mental health self-help supports for adults and youth 15 and older.
- To find local home and community care and for information about supportive housing options, please visit http://healthcareathome.ca/