National Day of Truth and Reconciliation
September 30th, 2021 marks the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, which was proposed by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission as one of its 94 Calls to Action. This day honours the survivors of the residential school system, their families, and communities.
Photo: Taken from Anemki Wajiw (Mt. McKay) by Brandy Kenna
On the morning of Thursday September 30, 2021 the sky was lit orange on the first National Day of Truth and Reconciliation.
Building on the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) shared by AMO and the Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendship Centres (OFIFC), AMO is offering training to help build indigenous cultural competency in municipal government. Register for the November 27 training.
- AMO Indigenous Municipal Relationship Agreements Guidance Document
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
- National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation
- Orange Shirt Society
- Assembly of First Nations It's Our Time Toolkit
- Nishnawbe Aski Nation resources
- Woodland Cultural Centre Indigenous Preservation Museum
- Indian Residential Schools Resolution Health Support Program
- Talk4Healing – a culturally grounded helpline for Indigenous women
- Hope for Wellness Help Line for Indigenous Peoples
- Treaty Teaching and Learning Resource
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action
- Learn about the treaties that cover where you live, work or go to school
- Listen to Indigenous Elders and knowledge keepers share their perspectives on treaties
- Watch the Heritage Minute video about the history of treaties
- Learn more about the history of treaties and the treaty relationship
- Find useful treaty teaching and learning resources
- Learn more about Anishinabek Nation’s new secondary school online education resource
- Human Resources Toolkit: Approaches for Skills Inclusion in Inuit Nunangat
Exploring Indigenous Organizations:
- Home - Indigenous Clean Energy: this organization works to support and empower Indigenous communities to be clean energy agents and helps with various programs at hand.